Head out into the blustery rain and look closely, and you will discover the maples laden with furry brown "helicopters"; the whirling seeds that twirl down into dirt and loam, so they may stay safe and blanket through winter.
Even in autumn, the season of hibernation and emerging darkness, the maples are already preparing for the light. So too it is with us; now is our time to rest, retreat and burrow, trusting that light will come again.
This month, you might be experiencing:
* Slowing down by choice
* Sleeping, dreaming, welcoming the shorter days as a comfort
* A turning away from from busyness; a feeling that it "doesn't matter"
* A deep longing to spend some time by yourself, with yourself
* Planning and partaking in conscious retreat
* Extraordinary and new understandings arriving in quiet moments
* A renewed relationship to nature, the planets, the Universe instead of people
* The ability to fully concentrate on projects
* Knowing you are waiting — and understanding that there is no rush or hurry
Some questions to ask at this time:
* Am I comfortable with slowness, stillness, alone time? If not, why not?
* Am I comfortable by myself, with myself? If not, why not?
* Do I need to formalize my retreat?
* What am I learning most, right now?
Get Daily Divine in your inbox!
Sara blogs on spirituality and intuition twice weekly. Get her teachings delivered to your inbox, plus a FREE ebook!
Daily Divine books
Get the complete Daily Divine teachings as books/ebooks!
Click to order!
Search our database to access over 500 articles on spirituality and intuition.