Living from soul perspective can sometimes be like trying on a new pair of jeans.
Does this look good on me?
What will others think if I wear this?
Can I really go out in public in this?
How much ice cream did I eat last night?
Often this shows up as trying too hard to be positive: of adopting a Polly-Anna spirituality, where everything is perfect, ideal, miraculous, no matter what happens.
We want to look good in our new soul perspective, so we adopt a false positivity that might include beliefs such as:
• A positive outlook leads to positive results!
• If we can’t manifest our desires, something’s wrong with us!
• It’s important to stay in high vibration all of the time!
• It’s bad to think negative thoughts!
But none of this reflects real life—at least not mine, or the lives of people I know. In real life, we all go through enormous challenges, hardships and times when we don’t feel good at all—and this is part and parcel of the human existence, of our soul’s journey.
Life can very hard. We can feel very badly.
When we rip off the Band Aid of a forced positivity, what is real and true awaits us. And this calmnesss, spaciousness, this relaxation into what is real, brings us a version of life that the soul does not find lacking.
Let yourself feel what you feel.
Trust the Universe.
P.S. I appreciate your shares, likes and follows!
There is a quality of Light around people who are living interesting, authentic, spiritually connected lives.
Why is this so?
Well, for the most part, truly interesting people have lost a lot of their fear.
1. They’re not afraid of death any more; they’ve accepted it will happen.
2. They’re not afraid of aging any more; they’ve accepted the body changes over time.
3. They’re not afraid of failure any more; they’ve accepted they will fail, and fail again, and fail after that… and they’ve learned how to fail better, every time.
4. They’re not afraid of being seen as “weird” any more; they’ve walked through the door of radical self acceptance, and understand they are marching to their own drummer, and that there’s no other way they can be.
5. They’re not afraid of being alone. They understand that with the Divine, it is never possible to be alone.
6. They’re not afraid of their past hurts and wounds. They understand that the past is what we’ve been through, and that being in Now is the only way.
7. They’ve let go of shame a long, long time ago… and they’re never going back.
8. They’re not afraid to pray, or to meditate, or to feel everything fully. They understand that the path to God/Universe/One/All is all there is.
9. They have passions that they spend time doing, and arrange their lives so that they can spend time doing these things.
10.They love themselves with full compassion, and they love others this way too.
If you want to be interesting, authentic and live a life of radical meaning and joy, check where you are on this list.
It’s a long journey. The only thing we can do is take one step forward at a time.
P.S. Last chance to sign up for small group training Fall 2016.
Today, we continue with our last note (for now) from Simeon, a student in Intuition University’s small group training, currently living in the forests of Italy.
The most amazing thing is how the Divine responds to my needs and makes me feel that what I desire is made available to me. It is a most consoling, encouraging and assuring experience. It fills me with joy and gratitude and encourages me in my quest for higher goals.
Last Friday, I was in a church where they sang a song I know but whose verses are not available not even in the internet. I heard them sing a verse and I approached someone for the verse and got only a promise. Something in me said to me that it might be likely they will sing it on Sunday but another voice said to me that it is very unlikely they will because it is not a song they sing often. As a matter of fact, I have heard them sing it only twice in five months. On Sunday, two days later, I was in the church and was recording the celebration and behold they sang that song again while I was recording; the second time in three days. I could not believe myself.
The day before that, on Saturday, I was to go to our usual Saturday meeting together with three other fellows. Since I have always been the one driving them at my own expense, I had wanted to ask one of them on Friday, the newly arrived, if he would drive us so I could save some fuel as I was running very short of cash. At a point, I remembered your advice that I should stop fearing and so I decided to say nothing to anyone and to drive them. On Saturday morning as I was still terminating my preparations for the meeting, one of them came up to my room to say that they were ready and were waiting for me. I got up, picked the key to my car and went to meet them only to find out that the fellow I was going to ask if he would drive was already in his car with the other two fellows waiting for me to join them.
These are a few episodes, Sara, but they have increased and strengthened my hope and desire to walk the path of the Saint 100% in the near future. If the Divine accomplishes that for me, as I strongly hope it will, I will be living the joy of heaven here on earth.”
What Simeon is experiencing, on his spiritual path, is an understanding of how the Divine works in big ways and also in the smallest ways: the synchronicities and strands that arrive to us always, at every moment, even when we forget to pay attention.
It is a gift of consciousness, of Nowness, to see the amazing way the Universe is in our lives, in every moment.
P.S. Read books on spiritual intuition here.
Get Daily Divine FREE to your inbox!
Sara blogs on spirituality and intuition twice weekly. Get Daily Divine direct to your inbox, plus instantly download the FREE ebook, "What are Your Unique Psychic Gifts?"