You can feel it, can't you?
Yet another full moon, drawing us in with her power.
This one's June 28, and it's in Capricorn—sign of the goat, the hard worker, the climber, the go-getter, the scrambler, the never-giver-upper.
Maybe this applies to where you are now, or is nudging a part of you that needs expression?
Three ways to work with the Capricorn full moon:
• What needs working? Is there something in your life that needs to be really dug into? Really shoulder up the responsibility and simply WORK IT? Body, mind, soul? Go out under that beautiful moon, take a deep breath, stare straight at it and ask the Universe "What needs working?" You'll hear your answer loud and clear.
• What's completing? Is there something in your life that's wrapping up, that you need to acknowledge is over? Project, relationship, habits, way of living? Again: go out under that full moon and ask "What am I completing?" When the answer arrives, just know it fully. Don't fight it. Accept: when things are complete, they are complete. It can be a great relief to let old dreams, old relationships, old stuff go—and move forward into where you are now.
• What's the relationship between me and the moon? It feels good to be out in the air under a full moon, doesn't it? If you like being in tune with the planets in a primal, feel-it-in-your-body way, consider the 60 sunsets practice that we're doing this summer. Read about it here.
As we watched the sun go drop down on the evening of Solstice 2018, I was reminded of a practice I have done many summers in a row.
I call it The 60 Sunsets of Summer.
Basically, you commit to being available to watch the sun go down 60 times in a summer. If you start right now, you'll make it through the end of August.
In doing this practice, I have found amazing things happen. For one thing, it takes quite a while for the sun to go down. For another, the sun moves in the sky as the planet rotates. For example in this photo above, the sun is far to the right. By August, it will be moving to the left.
In Hawaii, they have what's called "The Green Flash" which is the moment the sun goes down, you see a green aura. In Oregon, which is also on the west coast, we have something similar—there is a moment the sun dips below the horizon, and yet there is still light flooding the sky.
Making the commitment to watching the sunset—no matter where you are—brings up a few things:
• A flood of gratitude for the day
• A reminder that we are fragile, mortal beings
• A sense of being a part of this big wide Universe.
I invite you to take the 60 Days of Sunsets challenge—we'll return to it again, and we can see how we are all doing.
Summer Solstice began today, June 21, at 6:07 a.m. EASTERN, or 3:07 a.m PACIFIC.
All over the world, people will be celebrating the Light—the longest day of the year, in which we receive the most hours of light. It is a time of joy, of celebration and of connecting to all that is Light in your life.
On Summer Solstice 2018, I would invite you to do three things:
• Be in the Light when Solstice begins. My own practice is that I will be outside, in nature. I will connect to the guides, and I will ask for the answer to this question: "What is my soul path for the coming year?" I will also ask to receive a sign that will confirm this answer.
• Review what you have learned since last Summer Solstice. Using your journal, go through month by month, from June 2017 until now, and write down everything that has happened, and what soul lessons you have learned from these events.
• Review 2018 Forecast: The Year of Collective Soul. What understanding sparks when you read this again? How are you feeling? What are you focused on? What has changed? Where are you headed?
Today’s Daily Divine is from Messages from the Divine: Wisdom for the Seeker's Soul.
"The taste of a papaya, an apple—who could imagine these things? The feeling of skin on skin, in affection, in healing, in sex? The entire nervous system attuned to everything, when a sudden rain arrives and washes you clean?
This is the true baptism: the very sky opening up and pouring down upon you, liquid grace.
If you aren’t feeling this: why not?”
Get Daily Divine FREE to your inbox!
Sara blogs on spirituality and intuition twice weekly. Get Daily Divine direct to your inbox, plus instantly download the FREE ebook, "What are Your Unique Psychic Gifts?"
Get the book!
Get the complete teachings of Daily Divine! Click to buy.