We often talk about flow in a casual way, as something that means moving forward in an effortless way.
We might say we are "going with the flow" or in a state of "creative flow" or "in the flow" or "flowing with it" about a project or activity.
Yet in spiritual terms, Flow has a very specific meaning. . In a nutshell, the definition is:
"Flow is a spiritual state in which we are aligned with the Universe."
So often in our lives, we try to push our path forward from ego/mind/personality. We might be really smart, or have great ideas, or a great ability to work really hard, or we have cracked the code of how to manifest, and we've gotten very good at creating what we think we want.
Yet none of those states of forced forward momentum are what Flow is about.
Flow is even not about when things are easy and effortless, although those are characteristics of Flow. That's because Flow is not about being led by ego/mind/personality. Instead, it's about letting the Universe lead.
Flow is all about allowing ourselves to:
• Follow signs and synchronicities in complete trust
• Follow signs and synchronicites as our way of being
• Get out of our own way and let the Universe inform us
• Continually heed the still, small voice that is the Universe guiding us
• Fight back ego and drop into a state of humility
• Let go of the misbeliefs and illusions of society
• Move forward in a state of wonder and awe
To live in Flow is what happens when we surrender to Divine guidance, and begin to live from this understanding.
Sara blogs weekly on spirituality and intuition!. Get Divine inspiration direct to your inbox, plus instantly download the FREE ebook, "What are Your Unique Psychic Gifts?"