How to know if you’ve reached bliss?
Sometimes bliss comes as total body-mind euphoria, an ecstatic altered state, what we think of when we hear the phrase “blissed out.” Other times, bliss is a smaller wave of yummy, feel-good style happiness.
Here, 15 signs you’re there.
• Your jaws are relaxed; you can easily smile. You may have trouble NOT smiling!
• You laugh freely. In fact, you may find yourself laughing without any reason.
• It's easy to close your eyes, yet you feel alert.
• Your body may tingle or vibrate, especially down your spine, neck, or head.
• You have a feeling of expansiveness in the chest.
• You have a feeling of lightness or floating; there is no sensation of heaviness.
• You feel deeply relaxed, yet in a highly alert state.
• Your heart feels at peace.
• You feel safe in the environment you are in, no matter where this is.
• You feel expanded in your connection to the world and to the space around you.
• You feel a rush that is not an adrenal rush, but an euphoric rush.
• You don’t feel physical pain, or your pain is lifted or blocked.
• You feel a sense of divine grace, of being in the presence of the universal Divine.
• You experience a state of altered consciousness; an ecstatic state.
• You may experience bliss for a few minutes, hours, days, or an entire lifetime.
Bliss may last for a moment, or it may last for lifetime. It may return again and again, even when it’s not sought out or expected. Extreme experiences of ecstatic bliss may result in an altered state that changes a person forever.
All the mystics, the great spiritual teachers: Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed—they felt bliss all the time. Those beings existed in a state of never-ending bliss. Infants, children, the elderly, the mentally disabled, those who have been enlightened by great sacrifice or pain, they also may exist primarily in a state of bliss.
Bliss is a state that is removed from our current reality, but it doesn’t have to be. To be alive is to hold the possibility of bliss in the next moment.
Breathe in. Hold. Breathe out. Close your eyes and do it again. This is the first step to a happy life.
P.S. Be part of our July Course of the Month, just $24.99
Get Daily Divine delivered!
Sara Wiseman blogs about spirituality and intuition twice weekly. Get award-winning Daily Divine delivered to your inbox, plus receive a FREE ebook!